First Time Attendees
One Location. Tens of Thousands of Products. This your go to Market!
We welcome first-time attendees to the NY NOW market and want to assist with planning your visit to the Market but providing you with the tools and information you’ll need.
“This was my first NY NOW experience and everything went very well. I was buying for a single brick and mortar location. Of course, there is a slight overwhelming factor, but once my sales team and I got into the groove we were finding all sorts of new items for our showroom. The event is one of a kind, and we will certainly return. Whether you are a small boutique or a larger retailer you can fit right in.” Daniel Louis, Revampt, Denver, CO.
Here are some tips and pre-show planning to help you maximize your experience at NY NOW:
Before attending the market:
- Check out our Summer 2018 New Buyer Orientation webinar
- Register in advance to avoid onsite registration fees and print your e-badge
- Carefully review our Market schedule
- Mark your calendar and make travel arrangements through Hotel + Travel
- Use our advanced Connect tool to view companies + products and set appointments with your top vendors
- Review the exceptional educational programs and register in advance
- Review the market layout
- Bring to the market your resale tax number, credit reference sheets and plenty of business cards
Maximize the resources at NY NOW to fill all your inventory and product category needs:
- Do a full review of your store inventory and product category needs
- Establish a budget by category and include budget for those surprising new treasures you’ll discover at NY NOW
- Keep in mind delivery dates, holiday merchandising themes and display ideas
- Gather feedback from your sales staff and your customers
- Track vendors and product categories with strong sell-through as well as products that under-performed